After months of R&D and testing, Evolution Powersports is proud to introduce the new EVP Shift-Tek-P Clutch Kits for the 2022 Can-Am P-Drive Clutch. The performance and responsiveness gains are simply incredible.
Shift-Tek-P Ultimate InSANDity: $771
The ULTIMATE clutch kit for sand duning fun. EVP pulled out all the stops to deliver supercharger-like throttle response and acceleration for the most fun dune experience possible. Throw a roost and pop wheelies like a pro with unmatched power delivery that this complete clutch kit provides. The Ultimate InSANDity Kit includes 3 Shift-Tek-P fully adjustable weights and our Billet Adjustable Helix/Spring Combination. This setup can handle power levels ranging from stock to EVP DM310 big turbo kits for 2022 Can-Am X3 RR models. It is hands-down the most fun experience you can have in the sand with your pants on. Want to turn your X3 into a performance MONSTER? Then get the EVP Shift-Tek-P Ultimate InSANDity Clutch Kit.
- Ideal for hardcore duning thanks to instant throttle response along with enhanced acceleration and RPM engagement
- Includes Shift-Tek InSANDity adjustable weights, Shift-Tek adjustable Helix and Spring
- All-new InSANDity P-Drive Adjustable Weights are made from hardened carbon steel and can dial in your clutch from stock to EVP Dynomite 310 Turbo Upgrade
- InSANDity Weights feature a built-in shoulder bushing and more aggressive arc for quicker, smoother upshifts and backshifts
- Each weight is hardened and black zinc anodized for longer life
- Purple Secondary Spring rate is higher than stock in both torsion and compression, and will generally raise your operating rpms over the OEM spring, but will apply more sideload for better belt grip
Shift-Tek-P Essential Sand (40-45S Progressive Helix): $395
This kit makes vast improvements to the drive system in terms of responsiveness and belt life over the stock calibration. It is designed to work with the OEM P-Drive primary clutch calibration, but provide a substantial upgrade in performance by focusing only on the secondary clutch. The OEM 48-52 helix is lazy and produces high belt temperatures, which lead to premature belt failure. EVP engineered a new multi-angle helix with both a shallower start and finish angle to provide better belt grip and clutch responsiveness. The kit Includes the EVP proprietary Billet Shift-Tek Adjustable Helix Cap, which provides adjustability (if needed) for the power level of your vehicle. Both stock and EVP-Tuned vehicles will greatly benefit from this kit.
- Angled to deliver more power to the ground along with improved belt grip and responsiveness for a greater level of efficiency
- Quicker backshifts help keep engine in ideal operating RPMs
- Shift-Tek Helix offers adjustability of a Shift-Tek clutch setup with a bone stock primary
Shift-Tek-P Essential Trail (41-52S Progressive Helix): $395
This kit makes vast improvements to the drive system in terms of responsiveness and belt life over the stock calibration. It is designed to work with the OEM P-Drive primary clutch calibration but provide a substantial upgrade in performance by focusing only on the secondary clutch. The OEM 48-52 helix is lazy and produces high belt temperatures, which lead to premature belt failure. EVP engineered a new multi-angle helix with a shallower start angle for quick response coupled with the same finish angle for high top speeds. The kit Includes the EVP proprietary Billet Shift-Tek Adjustable Helix Cap, which provides adjustability to dial in your RPM for the power level of your vehicle. Both stock and EVP-Tuned vehicles will greatly benefit from this kit.
- Angled to deliver excellent acceleration and responsiveness throughout the powerband at a wider range of speeds
- Significantly enhanced backshifts, allowing your X3 to dominate technical trails and terrain
- Improved belt squeeze to help eliminate slippage
- Shift-Tek Helix offers the adjustability of a Shift-Tek clutch setup with a bone stock primary
2022 Can-Am Maverick X3 RR Models
Shift-Tek-P Ultimate InSANDity Clutch Kit
Shift-Tek-P Essential Sand & Trail Clutch Kits
THE EVP DIFFERENCE
The EVP Shift-Tek-P primary weights have many innovative features that set them apart from others on the market.
- Our weights are made from hardened carbon steel, which makes them much stronger compared to other weights on the market that can break under hard use.
- EVP Shift-Tek-P weights are coated to add another layer of protection while keeping them looking new and to aid in identification during installation.
- The primary clutch must remain balanced; therefore, weights of the same color are installed opposite one another. Since some kits require 3 different mass weights, having them color coded eliminates any confusion.
- EVP's built-in, shouldered bushing is a unique feature that only our weights have.
- By having the bushing machined and pressed into the arm, it eliminates the need to reinstall the OEM washers on each side of the weight, which can be frustrating especially if you lose one during installation.
- The OEM weights have a very shallow or flat arc, which contributes to a lazy shift pattern.
- EVP weights have a more aggressive arc which makes for much quicker upshift and backshift.
- Additionally, except for our big turbo applications where additional mass is required, the weights are kept thin without excessive mass on the tip for quicker backshift.
Billet Helix / Bearing Housing:
The EVP billet adjustable secondary helix and bearing housing is not only a work of art, but it also adds a new level of functionality and adjustability to the OEM secondary clutch. Borrowing experience from our early snowmobiling days, we wanted to make it easy to adjust the torsion spring, which in turn drastically affects the operating RPM of the engine. Many consumers don't understand how the spring holes effect the shift pattern or how to change it in the stock helix. Complicating matters is the difficulty involved in disassembly/reassembly and requiring specialty tools for the OEM setup. Once installed, the EVP Shift-Tek billet helix and bearing housing solves these issues by easily allowing 90 degrees of spring tension adjustment without disassembling the clutch. The advantage is you can increase or decrease your operating RPM just by changing the clocking of the billet bearing housing in relationship to the helix.
- Adjustments are performed in 10 degree increments simply by loosening the outer socket head cap screws and twisting the cap to the next recessed bolt locations.
- A customer can take an X3 setup for trail and bring the vehicle to the dunes with only minor clutching adjustments!
- Our unique setup allows up to 400 RPM of adjustment with a simple rotation of the bearing cap.
- Bearing housing features a 30% increase of the integrated bushing.
- Increased bearing surface area equals better sheave parallelism, which in turn means more consistent belt grip and belt life.
Our proprietary springs are manufactured from the highest quality Chrome Silicon steel, then shot peened and preset to relive stress for a long life.
- Our different primary springs are matched to the different clutch weights / clutch kits to deliver the desired engagement RPM's.